linehomedotaboutdotmy galleryline

Sunday, March 08, 2015

The Journey is Never Truly Over - Tim's Tags March 2015

I found some crafty time today, apparently, Donna's 12 hour crop yesterday was not enough :)  More on that in another post.  Today I'm sharing my version of Tim's March 2015 Tag.  Lots of fun!!!  I was lucky enough to be a winner last month with my very first entry!!!  So now I have the bug!!  

We started with a Marbled Paint technique which I have to work on a bit.  It got a little muddy on the bottom half of the tag.  That's why I went a little heavy on the embossing paste :)  There is actually some tissue tape under the paint, not sure if you can find it.....the stamped image was stamped in Archival Ink and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  Then we created a mask to cover the image and spread embossing paste through a stencil on the tag and and cover with gold embossing powder.  After it was dry, then we heated the powder.  WOW, love the shimmer of the gold embossed paste!!!  You can see Tim's Tag at the end of my post.



Here you can see how shiny the embossed stamped image is and how shimmery the gold embossed paste is.  I filled in a few empty spaces with some rub-ons.  Can't say it enough - I LOVE the rub-ons!!  It's easy to get carried with them :)





Supplies:  Tim Holtz Phrases 2 Clear Stamp, Elements Tissue Tape, Monocles, Memo Pin, Ring Fastener, Bubble Stencil, Botanical Remnant Rubs, Distress Paints (Picked Raspberry, Broken China, Rusty Hinge, Mowed Lawn, Antique Linen), Crinkle Ribbon, Distress Stain (Worn Lipstick, Broken China, Pumice Stone); Wendy Vecchi White Embossing Paste; Ranger Archival Ink; Stampin Up Gold Embossing Powder 

6 comments:

Bananastamper said...

Fabulous tag! Love all the fun details!!!
Congrats on your win!

Kimberly Kett said...

Another cool project and again I'm loving that great texture!

Julia Aston said...

Love your version of Tim's tag! great sentiment stamp and gold embossing!

Tracy said...

I actually like your tag better than Tim's..but shhhh.
I love how shiny the gold embossing turned out.
I really want to do his tags again….I just have to many projects on the go, lol.

Tammie Koehnen said...

Really beautiful tag! LOVE your take on Tim's tag! Such an inspiration. I can't wait to try these techniques.

Pembroke Pines Porch Enclosures said...

Hello mmate great blog post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...