linehomedotaboutdotmy galleryline

Monday, February 08, 2021

2021 Grow, Create Tag

Have you been following along with Tim Holtz's demos?  I've just recently started tuning in to the Live's on Sundays.  So much to take in.  This week I went back to an older demo called Spritz, Sparkle + Smudge and followed along with a couple techniques.  This is my finished Spritzed Tag.  


Here you can see the tag before I decorated it, along with The Professor Smudge tag.


Before adding colour, I spritzed Distress Resist Spray through a stencil on the upper and lower portions of the tag and let that dry.  Next I used several distress inks smudged on my glass mat and spritzed with water to create the colourful background.  I dried between layers then added a few droplets of water and patted ry with a paper towel.  Then I took a couple of the distress inks and blended a little more where the tag wasn't completely covered in colour.  Of course the Resist Spray did exactly that, created a barrier to resist the inks.


At this point the tag was done from a technique perspective.  It was bold and bright and I wasn't quite sure what I would do with it.  I used the script stamp and Archival ink to create some flow and ten began looking through my stash.



I found a piece of ephemera that went well with the colours but it needed something behind it to ground it so it wouldn't get lost.  I had a piece of white corrugated paper that I tore to size and then added some Grit-Paste.  Once that was dry I added some Vintage Photo crayon and smudged with my finger.  



The only thing left to do was to add the token which I coloured with white paint, rubbed it off then added Broken China crayon and rubbed it into the word.  I used a small paperclip to attach it to the paper.






Supplies:

Distress Inks:  Mustard Seed, Picked Raspberry, Broken China, Milled Lavender, Spiced Marmalade
Distress Oxide:  Mustard Seed
Distress Paint:  Picket Fence
Distress Resist Spray
Decho Arches Stencil
Distress Crayons:  Broken China, Vintage Photo
Archival Ink:  Potting Soil
Ideaology:  Botanical Layers, Label Letters, Mini Paper Clips, Typed Tokens, Big Chat Stickers
SA Stamp:  Dearly Departed (for the script)
Distress Collage Medium, Grit-Paste opaque

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...