linehomedotaboutdotmy galleryline

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Happy Belated Birthday



Here is the third card of four birthday cards I need this month. Actually the birthday was in July but luckily we haven't got together yet so I'm good!!

I continued with the Bo Bunny Barefoot and Bliss paper pack. This time I used Kraftin' Kimmie's Eleanor. She was fun to colour. I used a bit of some homemade glitter spritz on the flowers and some Hero Arts gems for the center. And for a bit more bling, I added some Diamond Stickles to the flowers on Eleanor's hat. The sentiment was popped up using some mini pop dots.

I finally made my own cloud background with some sponge and Tumbled Glass Distress Ink. I simply cut out a piece of cardstock in the shape of a cloud and sponged around it all over the white background of the stamped image. I'm very happy with how it turned out and it's actually not so intimidating like I thought :-)

I used I Love 2 Stamp's August Sketch for You to Try.

I'm also entering this in the Crafty Calendar's August Challenge - Hot Colours and The Crafty Pad's Challenge #134 - Cute n' Girly and of course I also entered The Spotted Chick's That's Krafty Thursday #53.

Paper: Bo Bunny Barefoot and Bliss, Stampin Up Night of Navy cs, kraft cs
Stamps: Kraftin Kimmie Eleanor, Amy R's Birthday Sentiments
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tumbled Glass Distress Ink, Copics
Accessories: glitter mist (flowers), Diamond Stickles, Hero Arts gems, flowers from stash, Mini Pop Dots

4 comments:

Dawn said...

It's fabulous Caroline!
Thanks for playing at The crafty Pad this week in our Cute & Girly challenge!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Bananastamper said...

Great card! Love the colours and your fab sponged background!

Ruth said...

thanks for sharing your lovely card, Ruth, Crafty Calendar Challenge

The Spotted Chick said...

Tee-hee! That's me everyday of the year!! LOL! Great card Caroline!! Love the color combo you used too! Thanks for playing along in my That's Krafty Thursday challenge! (((hen hugs)))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...