linehomedotaboutdotmy galleryline

Thursday, April 09, 2015

4th Art Journal Page - Sneak Peek

You know, being away from your supplies gives you a lot of motivation to create!!  Don't get me wrong I wouldn't swap the beach for anything!!  After I got home from my tropical vacation in Cuba, I couldn't wait to play in my art journal.  I had ideas swirling about what I wanted to do and the deadline was two weeks away.  Here is a sneak peek of my fourth art journal page.


Before starting my pages, I always test new techniques in my other journal book.  Here I watercolored with distress inks over gesso and then used a stencil and baby wipe to remove some of the ink.  Below the stencil pattern I watercolored with distress inks without gesso on the page.  After I'm done I write down the supplies and technique on the page in case I want to refer back to it again.



1 comment:

Tracy said...

Ohhh your sneak peek looks gorgeous!!!!
I like that you test it first and record your technique.
I just wing it…and you can probably tell by my pages, lol.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...