linehomedotaboutdotmy galleryline

Thursday, February 16, 2017

I'm So Glad I Live In A World Where There Are Octobers

Now we're going back to November '16 - another kit from Inky Fairy Designs - this time working on a canvas.  I couldn't be more happy with how it turned out!!  I actually had this displayed in my living room :)


Applied patterned paper with matte medium.


Then applied some chipboard leaves.



Applied gesso to mute everything.


Now the fun part!!  Applying the Dylusions paints with a brush and my fingers!!


Added a some Dina Wakley paint for some depth and drippage :)




Next was to stamp the pumpkins but instead of stamping on the textured canvas I stamped on tissue paper and applied with the matte medium.


The pumpkins were coloured in with the Dylusions paints after custom blending the colours with my fingers.  Then the white paint was added as well to create a base for the sentiment.  The sentiment was stamped in Archival ink and then outlined with a white gel pen.  I was definitely nervous to stamp the sentiment after all this work but thankfully it worked out!!  The pumpkins and the leaves were also outlined with a charcoal pencil for added depth and definition.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...