linehomedotaboutdotmy galleryline

Wednesday, December 16, 2020

'tis the season - Christmas Card

I've had this Merry Moose die since sometime last year and I finally used him!  I love how Merry he looks trotting along.  He has gone to my step-son and his girlfriend to their first home.  I combined several techniques from ideas I found online.  

The background sky is Blueprint Sketch distress ink with a touch of Black Soot to the edges.  I sprinkled water on the background and then applied texture paste through the Speckles Stencil to create snow and interest.  

The trees were cut out of Classic Kraft paper and inked to darken.  I applied texture paste for snow on the branches and then applied some Sharpie white paint pen since the texture paste reacted the ink a bit on the boughs.  


The star of the show - Merry Moose!!  He was also cut from Classic Kraft paper, sanded for some more distress then I added some black soot to his hooves to darken them up a bit.  His antlers were super fun - I used the smooshing technique with oxide inks and then once dry I added some darker distress ink to the tips.  I love the little cut areas for his eyes and nostril.  


For the snow I die cut some hills and applied texture paste with a spatula so I could get a realistic look.  Love how that looks!!  After I adhered everything to the background I mounted it on a paper from the Yuletide paper pack.  To finish I added a few stars and a quote chip.  The inside sentiment is stamped in Vintage Photo distress ink using a stamp from the new Christmas release set Bold Tidings 3.  



Supplies:

Tim Holtz Produts:
Merry Moose Thinlits 663103
Speckles Stencil THS021
Bold Tidings 3 Stamp CMS420
Christmas Quote Chips TH93655
Distress Inks, Oxide Inks
Yuletide Paper TH93240
Classic Kraft Paper TH93585

Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste
Simon Says Stamp Stitched Slopes and Hills Die

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...