linehomedotaboutdotmy galleryline

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Lots & Lots of Love


My daughter had surgery yesterday, in her mouth - one tooth pulled and another uncovered from under her palet (behind her top front teeth) and a brace attached. This will be connected to her braces, lots of stitches. She was so brave and she's doing well. She'll be back to herself in no time. I made this sweet card to cheer her up today. She saw me colouring little Lucy this week and loved the colours so I decided to make the card for her. I used Basic Grey's Max and Whiskers paper and my new copic markers that match perfectly I think. After I coloured her, I decided to use W3 on her outfit after colouring it to dull the colour a bit. I love how she turned out. I went over her hair with a Sakura black glaze pen and the edge of her dress as well, and I used the Sakura clear glaze pen on her shoes. And - for a little more bling, Rock Candy Stickles on her wings :-)

I'm entering this card in Stamping Bella's Bellerific Fridays and Paper Sundaes Birthday Celebration Challenge. I used one of the recent challenges, #51 Circles.
Paper: Basic Grey Max and Whiskers, Stampin Up Really Rust, Bella white cs
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress Ink Wild Honey, Stampin Up Really Rust, Copics
Stamp: Stamping Bella Lucy Ketto, Hero Arts Valentine Sayings
Accessories: Nestabilieties Circle and Blossom, Basic Grey brads, rhinestone sticker from stash, Rock Candy Stickles, Sakura Black Glaze and Clear Glaze Pens

3 comments:

Bananastamper said...

This is a beautiful card Caroline! Love it! Hope your daughter is feeling better soon - dental surgery is no fun!

Lisa Kind said...

What a cute card! Love the colors and it will definitely cheer up your daughter!

Donna said...

Beautiful card! Love the colours. Hope you daughter feels better soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...