linehomedotaboutdotmy galleryline

Sunday, November 01, 2020

In the Dead of the Night - Art Journal Page

Since I was late to the game (Halloween crafting that is) and had so much fun with the page I did yesterday I decided to get one more page done for my disc bound journal while still in the spirit!!

This was really fun, I took my time and it turned out just as I imagined!!  



I started with a distress oxide ink background using Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade and Ripe Persimmon.  This time I smooshed all three inks on my mat, spritzed and dragged my card through all three a few times, drying between layers until I was happy with the background.  I used the Halloween Script stencil with Ripe Persimmon oxide ink and added a few droplets of Black Soot and distressed the edges of the page with Black Soot oxide ink as well and I was done.


Since the images from the Sketch Manor stamp set are mostly just outlined images and I didn't want to have to stamp them separately, colour them and then adhere them I decided to try this technique by Jenny Marples and it turned out perfectly!! 

To start, using my stamp platform I stamped the haunted house with Antique Linen oxide ink and let that dry.  Now that I had the outlined image, using Antique Linen paint and a small brush I filled in the stamped area.  Because I was painting over the oxide inks they did react a bit, but I was okay with that.  I applied a second coat and once that was dry, I added some Hickory Smoke crayon to grunge it up a bit.  And because my stamp was on the platform, all I had to do was stamp again over the painted image with archival ink and I had a perfectly aligned haunted house!!  I repeated the same steps for the cloud and the moon.  I added a bit of Squeezed Lemon crayon to the left edge of the moon.


I added some Clippings Stickers and since they were an off white I applied some Antique Linen Distress Ink to the Quote Chip so the words weren't so stark white and matched everything else.  I added some black cardstock to the bottom for a base for the house and stamped the fence and bats and I was done!!


Supplies:

Stamp Set:  Sketch Manor
Stencil:  Script
Inks and Mediums:  Ripe Persimmon, Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade, Antique Linen and Black Soot Distress Oxide Inks, Antique Linen distress ink, Hickory Smoke and Squeezed Lemonade distress crayons
Extras:  Tim Holtz Halloween Quote Chips, Clippings Stickers
Canson XL 110lb watercolor paper
Jobbles discs
Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive Craft Glue
Tonic Studios Tim Holtz Stamp Platform


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...