linehomedotaboutdotmy galleryline

Friday, January 15, 2021

2021 - Art Journal Page

I had an idea for a New Years Page for my disc journal.  And with some inspiration I came up with this :). I absolutely love it!!!  Loved branching out with the dies.  I was inspired by Emma William's card  for the cityscape and Kath Stewart's card for the colours silver and gold together.  


I wanted a night scene so the background was created using Distress Oxide Sprays in Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire.  I also mixed a bit of Brushed Pewter Spray Stain in there.  I love that it added to the dimension of the night scene.  The edges were inked with Black Soot Oxide Ink.  Once everything was dry I covered the page in a layer of Micro Glaze since I wanted the white and silver droplets to not react with the background.  Keeps everything more vibrant.  The platters where Picket Fence paint and Brushed Pewter Stain.


Next I went to work on the cityscape.  I cut the 2 images four times, 2x from black card and 2x from silver Kraft paper so I could layer them.  The silver metallic Kraft was toned down a bit with dabs of Mushroom Alcohol Ink.  I sponged the edges of the black card with Brushed Pewter paint and then applied Picket Fence paint splatters.  They were layered on top of each other and then I glued one set of two scenes down and another set over top with foam stickers.  Lots of dimension!  The 2021 was cut from the shadow dies and I did the same toning down with the silver.


It took me a while to figure out how I was going to add fireworks to the page and then realized I had this 3D Impresslit called Radiant - it embosses and cuts!!  The best tip I found was to spritz the cardstock with water prior to cutting and run it through three times.  I cut them in gold metallic Kraft paper and it worked like a charm.  The only thing I found to be difficult was adhering it.  I added craft glue to the centre and edges of the small ones and put a pop up sticker in the middle of the larger two and added craft glue to the edges.  They're not completely adhered around the points but the centres are secure so I'm good with that.  Maybe someone has some tips for me?

I thought the sentiment was perfect for the start of this year.  Love how it turned out and it looks great on display in my craft room :)


Supplies:

Distress Oxide Spray:  Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire
Distress Stain Spray:  Brushed Pewter
Distress Oxide Ink:  Black Soot
Distress Paint:  Brushed Pewter, Picket Fence
Alcohol Ink:  Mushroom
Distress Micro Glaze
Gold and Silver Metallic Kraft cardstock
Cityscape Die
Radiant Impresslit
Alphanuemeric Shadow Numbers Die
Small Talk Stickers

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...