linehomedotaboutdotmy galleryline

Wednesday, January 27, 2021

If You Are Going To Be Weird - Art Journal Page

Finally I have had time to play with my stash of Art By Marlene goodies!!!!  I love the whimsy style, and though I never thought I'd like die cuts for mixed media, I'm loving them!!  This page began with a background I created using a 6x6 Gel Press.  It hadn't turned out the way I wanted, it was a test page really and I put it aside along with another one (you'll see next post).  So I dug it out, added a bit more paint and some Oxide inks to the edges and got to playing!!  I used a few of Marlene's stamps and a stencil with oxide ink for more dimension to the page and also created a border with Archival ink.  Lastly I splattered black paint.  


I already knew I wanted to use these images because I thought they looked good with the background colours I just needed something to ground her.  I cut out some of the swirly Rice Paper and collaged it to the bottom of the page to look like waves and then adhered the rest of the elements.  I outlined a bit with a fine black Pitt pen and I was finished!


I love adding pages to the disc bound journals, I have this 6x6 one and also an 8x8 journal.  These DecoArt paints are gorgeous and I love how the gold shimmers over top.  It's so pretty in real life.



Supplies:
Paints:  DecoArt Americana Baby Blue and Blue Harbor Acrylic, DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic Gold, Dylusions Black Marble
Inks:  Black Soot Distress Ink, Faded Jeans Distress Oxide ink, Archival Jet Black
Art By Marlene Products:
Stamps:  Exclusive Textures BM47
Texture Plate BM01
Rice Paper BM02
Die Cuts BM06
Word Stickers BM02
TCW stencil Mini Tile Mania


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...