linehomedotaboutdotmy galleryline

Friday, October 15, 2010

Happy Birthday


Fall is definately becoming my second favourite season!! I've got such great pictures this year, and we've been so lucky to have had such a long summer, and mild fall I couldn't resist making this card! I've been following Jennifer McGuire's Holiday Thinking Inking over at Two Peas and this card was made with Tim Holtz Distress Inks. I didn't stray too far from her card as I loved how the leaves turned out and really wanted to use this stamp set. The idea was to use watercolour paper, (I used regular paper) stamp your image with the distress ink and then spray with a mist of water to make the ink bleed. That's what I did here. I used the oak leaf from the Lovely As A Tree Stampin Up set and I was very happy with how they turned out. I inked the edges of them and the cardstock with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and also used Antique Linen so they weren't too bright. I used some Stampin Up Welcome Neighbour dp as well. I'm going to give this to my Pops who will be 88 this month!

This is one of my favourite photos this year from some trails near my home and why I wanted to do this card.

3 comments:

Monique said...

Hi Caroline.. I love Love Love this fall card.. Your leaves turned out beautifully. I will have to try that technique... That trail is sooooo Beautiful. Where do you live?.. We had scenery like that for about a week and then the wind blew it away :(....Hugs!!

Kate said...

i love this!!
its so pretty

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

WOW, that card is just beautiful. Your leaves are perfect. (Thanks for sharing how you did it). I'm so jealous that you have a Fall. Living in Florida there is no changing of the season so to speak and definitely no leaves changing colors. Fall is my FAVORITE season.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...